Isn’t Anne Hathaway a babe? Like seriously, not even just a babe, she’s bloody clever, too. And funny. And I’m totally biased: I wrote this when I came out of the cinema after seeing The Dark Knight Rises.
All I’ve spoken about since is my love of this bombshell. I’m totally enamoured. She wore a lot of PVC, OK?!
1) She rocks a transformation. Hello Princess Diaries, hello Devil Wears Prada (hello Meryl Streep, please be my long lost mother). She’s just really good at going from geek to sheer brilliance. We’re all a little geeky and awkward sometimes but goodness; this girl gives us hope of going on to live a shiny life with a shiny boyfriend and a tonne of designer gear.
2) Anne Hathaway is funny. Not just funny, she’s humorous and witty and dry. Anne pulls it all off. Miss. Anne has lent her voice to The Simpsons and Family guy. Twice. But then take her other films; in Dark Knight Rises she is bloody witty. She has the driest sense of humour of them all – she out-wits Sir Michael Caine for goodness sake! Anne could take down Stephen Fry and Mister Laurie in a battle of the wits. She also pulls off the chick-flick humour. You know, that I-need-to-hear-this-while-sitting-in-the-bath-and-eating-Ben-and-Jerry’s humour
3) Do we need to point out how sizzling hot Anne Hathaway is? Really? Do you need visual evidence? Shucks, let’s just look at her. Preferably in some sort of tight outfit. Ahem.
4) Anne Hathaway seems like someone you can bring home to your parents. She just seems like a lovely girl. A lovely girl that can swear, and smoke and drink and party on the weekends. As our friend Usher would say, “We want a lady on the street but a freak in the bed”. Lovely Anne Hathaway sort of looks like she’d tick all the boxes in that department. I’ve seen Love and Other Drugs, which includes a lot of shots of Jake Gyllenhaal’s chest (…I highly recommend). Looks to me like she did a fantastic job!
5) Mostly, Anne Hathaway is just doing her job, really well. She’s a phenomenal example of actresses today. When I think of the DeNiro’s and Streep’s of our time, I do think of her. I think of her charity work with children’s hospitals and the fact, that when she dies in One Day, I bawl like a baby. I think of quotes like this;
"I'll be honest with you, it really, really, really annoys me, the image that's put out there for women. These tiny, tiny bodies, with absolutely no fat at all on them. It's unhealthy, plain and simple... It makes me sick.”
Who is with me on this? Anne Hathaway, what a babe!