I love living in my own flat and, most of the time; I have to bribe myself to leave it. Right now, McDonald’s Mozzarella Dippers do the trick, but they are seasonal, and when they stop serving them I have to think of alternative reasons to leave.
This brings me to the 12 Step Plan for those addicted to autumn, featuring 12 fantastic things about the most colourful season.
Let the countdown commence!
12. Pumpkin Spiced Lattes are coming to town and soon my personal favourite, Gingerbread latte’s will be joining them.
11. The sales. I don’t get it, when I was a kid we only had sales in stores twice a year but now they’re everywhere. With the fresher’s starting university shops want their loan dollar, so the reductions rush in. Thank you, students!
10. Leaves, dude. Like, from the trees. Don’t judge me but at 23 years old I still can’t resist a good pile of leaves. I live near a park… but haven’t quite convinced the cat to join me for a spot of leaf jumping.
9. I really like Bonfire night, sparklers and hot chocolates and gloves. Oh man, there’s nothing like it. Go find your nearest (and biggest) fireworks display and be a little amazed this autumn. If you’re London-based Blackheath usually do a smashing night!
8. Picking a Halloween costume. I have an Alice in Wonderland costume that has been recycled so many times it’s having a personality crisis. I’ve been a nurse, Wendy from Peter Pan and somehow, a sailor all with this one costume. This year I’m going all out. But ya know, staying within the realms of Disney characters. I think I’d make a good Sully from Monsters Inc, personally.
7. I feel like we get some good films around this time. I’m personally looking forward to Perks of Being A Wallflower which is out October 3rd, but with Christmas around the corner, you can guarantee I’ll be found sitting in a dark cinema, weeping tears of joy into my popcorn at some point.
6. I really enjoy rain. So shoot me. I am one of those Britons who complain all through summer that they are too hot. Give me a nice lashing of rain any day. It’s extra special when you’re sitting inside.
5. Isn’t knitwear really something special? The quirkier the print, the better. But this autumn I really am looking forward to incorporating more military-style-jumpers into my wardrobe. Give me camouflage and khaki green. I think I’ll start with this jumper. Be still my beating heart!
4. This is so incredibly Pinterest of me, but I’m really into baking in autumnal months. I’m not going to say I’m any good at it, but suddenly, I’m all about muffins and bread. I’ve never made a successful loaf, though. Maybe this will be my year.
3. This autumn my aim is to go and sleep in a Yurt or Teepee. I’ve wanted to do it for years, but this autumn, I’m going to. Preferably one in which I can stone-bake a pizza out back. There’s something so incredibly rustic and beautiful about that. But you wouldn’t catch me dead in a tent.
2. All the good TV is back. But I'm not talking Strictly Come Dancing, here. I'm talking Dexter, The Walking Dead and Grey’s Anatomy (because all want to sob out little hearts out forever.) It’s pretty much the most wonderful time of the year!
1. Lastly, I’d like to thank father time for the 28th October. When those clocks go back and I get another hour of sleep, I don’t think I’ll know what to do with myself. I’ve always preferred a good 10 hours a night but I never get it. Autumn brings me that little bit closer and I am so grateful.
Image via Wadellenviro's Flickr